Friday 18 March 2011

Joe & Back again!

Today was not supposed to be a running day but the sunshine was so gorgeous and the sea a sparkling blue and the fells - snow free at last - so awesome... well, you get the idea. Who would want to stay indoors on a day like today.

As Jasper has hurt his foot, a long walk with him was out of the question, so I thought I would pop in another run.



This did not go well, but taking the positive from it, I learn from these days. The problems, as usual, start to occur around the 15 minute mark. I have read many runners with asthma will warm up to bring this on, as once this has settled you can often continue relatively problem free. I think there is something in this. Reviewing my own running over the past months, on longer runs I have remarked that the first couple of miles were awful but then I got into it. This is much more than just finding your rhythm, or warming up.

I'm not quite sure how to go about trying this out though - I guess it is just a case of plugging on, but it is a tricky call as I don't wanna go off too far if I am going to have problems. Hmm, will have to give this some thought. Wonder if warming up indoors is the answer, although I haven't managed to set off the asthma through indoor exercise so far, so probably not.

Anyway, I am not going to get disheartened by this - after all, it wasn't even a running day!

A woman passed me as I was using my inhaler whilst sitting on the road side, she kindly checked if I was okay, I told her I would be okay and thanked her, adding 'I shouldn't run up hills', she replied 'you shouldn't be running at all with asthma, dear'.

She is kind, but wrong.

1 comment:

  1. One step at a time.... eventually you'll get back to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget