Saturday 26 February 2011

Ullock Eighteen

Ouch. Have had really bad problems with leg cramps past two days, and consequently even walking is an ordeal at the moment. It has been suggested that the steroid for the asthma may cause this and that it's something to do with Potassium levels... I dunno, but I will have to look into it, cos this was really painful so if I can fix it by eating a few sultanas it will be well worth it!

As if it was ever gonna be easy anyway!! Drew my little map out as usual and set off in sunshine once again. The hills were particularly brutal on my already hurting muscles, but I did the best I could - walked some bits but ran most of it. Hah. Good job I took my map with me, nearly went the wrong way in Ullock (oo er that would have added on a few miles, gulp)




Never once had to reach for the inhaler, breathing absolutely fine, even on the hard work bits. Will it last? I hope so, I'm not squirting this stuff down my throat every morning and night for nothing y'know.

Well, now I shall apply some after sun cream before taking Jasper out for his walk (helps to keep my legs from seizing up too). definitely gained a fair few freckles on the way today (try saying that after a few) and then I am gonna watch the Rugby and have a few beers. Cos I reckon I earned it today.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget