Saturday 5 February 2011

Wind free ten

Okay, well just in case you didn't notice, I was supposed to run 4 miles yesterday and 6 today, but the weather was dreadful yesterday - very very windy - and I decided it was not safe to go out in it. Truly it wasn't, branches and other stuff flying everywhere, so then my plan became to run the 4 this morning and then push out another run of 6 in the evening.... and then I thought, well, why not do it all in one go and put in another ten miler instead. After all, I missed a few long runs over November/December so it won't hurt.

And so it came to pass....



I struggled to get warmed up really, troubled by a tight right calf again and also with my breathing, but settled into it eventually and thoroughly enjoyed this run.

Next week I am starting to be a bit more strict on my diet as it has kind of gone up the swannee and I really could use shifting a few pounds. Other news... I am back at the doc on Friday to review my progress with the asthma, and I have entered the St George's 10k again at Langdale. (It was only a fiver as they had to cancel the Christmas Pud one, so thought it would be churlish to not enter. I have adjusted the training plan to slot that in) and I did post this news on Facebook, but haven't mentioned here that I have already got a ballot place for this years Great North Run, which is my birthday weekend. OMG will I really be THAT old this year :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget