Monday 27 September 2010

Another easy 3 miler

Just a routine 3 miler up the road and back for tonights run. The plan this week is to bang out three of these just to keep myself ticking over til Saturday for the Coniston 15km.

Feeling a bit of pain on my right inner calf, I think this twinged the other day, but there's definitely a bit of inflammation there. I reckon plenty of TLC and some magic pineapple juice will keep that at bay. Let's hope so anyway!



Straight back out with Jasper afterwards, and I have decided to leave the sit-ups til tomorrow morning as I am quite tired now. Mondays are long working days for me, and this one was spent mostly on my feet which doesn't help. Gotta take it easy sometimes!!

Ooh, almost forgot to mention this, but I probably should. My toe flared up again after the long run on Saturday. I didn't know about it until I went to bed, and the weight of the duvet on it was enough to lead to a bad night's sleep. Yes, it really is that painful! It's starting to settle down again now, but I feel certain that the weekend will set it off again. Hmmph.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sorry to hear about the toe, take care of both that and the calf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you drink the pineapple juice or rub it into your calf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I have had this conversation before with Kazza2cats...

    Personally, I drink the stuff, but I recommended pineapple juice to a friend last year and when I saw him two weeks later he fair gushed with enthusiastic praise for the miracle cure that pineapple juice truly is. He then told me that he had only had to soak his foot in it once for it to have these wondrous effects....

    I guess it's a case of each to their own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm open to suggestions about the toe...

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget