Monday 20 September 2010

This blog starts with the Great North Run 2010. My chip returned a time of 2:42:28 which was staggeringly crap, so I decided that if I keep a blog of my training over the coming year it maybe will help. I

There are a number of reasons why my training was disrupted over the past year, and the year before that too, but now I need to regain my focus if I am to realise my ambition of running a marathon before I reach the age of 50.

I will be relying heavily on my Forerunner 405 for statistics and the cold hard facts of my running, and also Daily Mile website for more touchy feely stuff like how did I feel... There are links to this info over on the right of the blog page, so you can check up on me.

It's great to have the integration between these various devices and websites, so I am hoping to use all this super duper technology to help me improve that most basic thing of putting one foot in front of the other.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blog. Just a word of caution that you make sure you control it rather than the other way around - the last thing you want to do is reduce the amount of training time as you have a website to update.

    That's why I post less during the week now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW: If you like cold hard facts, I do swear by Buckeyeoutdoors as a site for keeping good stats on my activities and it also syncs with Garmin in way more detail than DailyMile.

    There are a bunch of useful things such as Race links, Side Bar widgets for your blog as well as an equipment log to auto track miles done on anything you want - I have mine set up at component level on my bike for tyres, frame, wheels, turbo trainer as well wetsuit, trainers etc.

    You can click through from my blog to see it in action!!

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget