Wednesday 22 December 2010

Cycle Path with Jasper

Yes it really has been that long since my last run. The combination of snow, ice and a lingering chest infection have kept me pretty much couped up, but today I decided to don the shoe chains and take Jasper with me.

He has not been running with me for a while - it's not good for me as he wants to stop every few minutes for a pee, a poo or to lick some lady piss - but hey, he is a dog, you gotta forgive him!

Anyway he was pretty good and quickly remembered that the best plan is to try to keep pace with Mummy Sare rather than go bounding off while we are still attached to one another, so we did an easy four miles up the cycle path and back.

There is not so much snow there as at home, but I decided to try out running in shoe chains and I found that I got on fine with them. I used them with a semi-retired pair of trail shoes, as I did not want to damage my 'current' pair, but they were fine and I definitely benefited from the additional grip they offered - particularly when Jasper wanted to go a different direction to me!

From a training point of view, there is not really much benefit to be had from this stop-start sort of stuff, but it made me feel better and JB loved it too. Had a couple of coughing attacks along the way which was bloody painful but knickers to it, what do doctors know - we runners need to just get out there, don't we!

Here's the link...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget