Saturday 11 December 2010

Low Moresby Non Christmas Pudding Run :-(

Today was supposed to by the Christmas Pudding 10k in Great Langdale, but it was canceled two days ago due to the lingering snow and ice. Disappointing, but unavoidable.

So, yesterday I was over in the North East of the country (Middlesborough) and was gobsmacked at how much snow they still have, wowsie, and today I was pleased to have the chance to get a run in on some tarmac!! The only underfoot hazard was residual grit, which was particularly hairy on the downhill stretch of this route - if you look at the elevation graph, you will be left in no doubt which bit I mean!!



A new route for me, and I didn't really know how far it would be but guestimated about 6 - ooh I'm good! The last bit was the very worst, I live up a pretty steep hill and it is hard enough work walking up the darn thing, never mind running it, but it had to be done.

Past two weeks or so, the training plan has kind of gone out the window, with the weather conditions and this chest infection that I have, it has not been easy, and I'm coughing and spluttering while I am typing this, but I thoroughly enjoyed this run and wished I had been able to get out earlier so I could go further. (Darkness fell as I came up Parton Long Mile)

Christmas is nearly here and then sanity, hopefully, will return. Although I suspect more snow is on the cards yet, ah well, for today I am happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget