Friday 26 November 2010

Whelpside Wheezing

I am supposed to run 4 today and 8 tomorrow and I toyed with the idea of doing a switch around to take advantage of the fact that it is dry today. It doesn't look as if it will last into tomorrow! My forecasting is based on two things. Firstly, the town is full of seagulls, and secondly there are some ominous clouds building up on the horizon out to sea. Fairly sound clues, one feels!

I didn't manage to get out first thing, as I had some other things to deal with - primarily taking Jasper to visit Harry the butcher, and running up and down the shore with him like a total loon. With Jasper, that is - not the butcher.

So, as I have no desire to run in the dark if I don't have to, I have dumped the idea of a switcheroo and am gonna settle for 4. If I had remember to switch the GPS back on after the bike ride then the 405 would have confirmed that I did a bit over 4.


Had a little trouble partway round as my lungs seemed to seize up with the cold air and I had a fair old coughing fit, very much the same as the one I had when I returned to the warm air when I arrived back home. The smell of freshly baked bread soon helped my recovery there though. Me like my breadmaker.

Soup and bread it is then. See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Usually when one takes an animal to the butchers it is with the intention of returning later to collect the remains jointed, bagged and wrapped in greaseproof paper ready for the freezer - I am assuming Jasper didn't meet such a swift pre-Christmas demise?

    Does the 405 share the same feature as the 310 in so far as when you turn GPS off for an inside workout, by powering the device off and on again, by default turns GPS back on..... quite a handy feature to have except when the next workout is also indoors and you forget to turn GPS off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Power off?? Wossat. The 405 comes out to play and goes back on charge. It only once went off and that was partway round the 32 mile walk from Workington to Keswick.

    It does beep and come up with a wee warning that GPS is off but the display is too small for me to read without my reading glasses. Sigh.

    Half blind AND forgetful. I'm seeing a pattern here...

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget