Wednesday 10 November 2010

5 Miler

When I set up my training plan I incorporated two rest days per week as the norm, always with the thought that I could easily exchange mid week rest days if necessary. This week that is exactly what I have done.

Three very long days at work meant that when I eventually returned home last night, I was just too tired to run, so I have nudged back a day and will run on Thursday as well instead of resting.

So a five miler today is on the cards, reckon another minor variation to the standard circuit of the golf course should clock up the required distance.

Weather today is gorgeous - lovely sunshine, crisp frost on the ground. Much better than all that rain and snow of the last few days. Of course the puddles that remain have turned to solid ice!

Here it is.


I had a bit of difficulty staying motivated and my legs felt a bit heavy at times. Stopped partway to stretch a bit, particularly my left leg which I had a bit of a cramp attack in yesterday afternoon. (Too much sitting at a desk!)

Then came the assault on School Brow, stopped for no apparent reason just before the top. But I absolutely refused to walk up it and managed to bully myself in to continuing on. Turning the corner at the top, however, I was forced to stop again to catch my breath. I had that feeling that I just couldn't get enough air in to my lungs. Haven't had that for a while!

As soon as I had recovered I carried on and the rest of the run went without any hiccups.

I think maybe I was too hot - the sun was actually rather warm despite the air being cold and I did have quite a heavy shirt on today. Dunno, but it may have been that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget