Wednesday 3 November 2010

Joe McBain

I felt better yesterday but decided to be sensible and let myself rest another day before trying to run. So this morning I decided just a trip out to Joe McBain Ave and back would do nicely to gauge how I felt. Round trip a nice little 3 miles.



Had to stop a couple of times to throw up. Not good. Legs and all felt fine, but my heart rate was high and I just didn't feel right. Managed to run past the copper with the radar gun without him feeling it necessary to stop me, so I don't think I broke any records.

On balance I'm glad I went out as I was feeling stressed about not running, but it proved to me that I was right to have not tried and I did kind of manage a short run today after all. I will not run tomorrow, anyway, so next outing will be Friday by which time I hope to be fully recovered from the bug.

I am of course, now a full 19 miles short of hitting my 1000 miles by end of January.

1 comment:

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget