Saturday 20 November 2010

Whelpside

Gorgeous sunshine this morning, although a heavy frost has left the ground very slippery in places which the sun hasn't yet reached!

Set off with a view to zooming round Whelpside and then up through Moresby for an 8 miler, but I felt as though I was struggling even on the downhill section heading out of town and as I came back up the hill at Whelpside I began to relaise that 8 miles was an ambitious hope.

I could have carried on and done it, I'm sure, but I was struggling with coughing and spluttering and to be honest, I figured it wasn't worth it, so I turned back and settled for three miles. Legs feeling a little heavy stillm, but a bit better than yesterday so I think I am on the way up at last.

Have taken some tests using the 405 of my heart rate at rest and it's definitely higher than usual so no surprise that I am feeling it when I get out.

Really don't like these 'Bing' maps that Garmin are now using - I mean, it says the Solway Firth runs across the front of my house and across Whitehaven Golf course it helpfully says England. Hey flippin' ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget