Saturday 6 November 2010

Saturday Seven

Good weather this morning for the weekly 'long' run, so it's a seven miler. I had discovered a two mile add on to the usual 4 mile route, which would take me via Whelpside, and then I figured I would only need to detour about half a mile off the route and back to tot up to the required distance.

Doing the maths in your head when you're on the go is always a good way of distracting you if you're feeling weary, I find!

As it happened, I found this run quite enjoyable. The trudge up Whelpside was okay, not too steep or too long to make it tiring, and I was pleased that I pretty much took it in my stride. Similarly with the notorious climb up School Brow.

I did feel slightly tired on the last quarter of a mile, but I always do - I think it's just cos I know I'm nearly finished. Anyway, overall, very pleased with this after having lost a week. Definitely back on track now.

The postman had been while I was running, and he has delivered the bumpf for the Great Langdale Christmas Pudding 10k, in about a months time. Very pleased with my race number - this is my lucky number. A friend once suggested that I should name my house "222", but as it is actually number 26, I thought this might confuse people!

2 comments:

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget