Friday 19 November 2010

Friday at last!

you may have noticed that I have not been for a run since Monday, this is cearly not planned! Furstratingly I still seem to be struggling to feel fully well and have now picked up a horrible cold just to make sure I feel reaaaaallllly bad. But today I am not at work, so have had a good lie in, and the rain and wind have given way to - dare I say it - yes, a little sunshine, so I am hoping this will all help for a run along the bike path.

I chose this route today as I feel I am probably not up to too many hills! (Feeling feeble, in other words!)

Incidentally, I can't pin down why this is happening, but I am getting a lot of problems with cramp in my legs. All times of day, doesn't matter if I have run or not run, and this is over the past fortnight really. I know this can be a symptom of dehydration, so maybe the stomach bug has something to answer for there - how shall I put this, I am definitely not having trouble 'going' of late!

Anyway, this is how I got on.


Incidentally, I don't think I like these new maps that Garmin Connect are using. They don't seem as clear.

The run went okay, although I stopped a couple of times to stretch and massage my right calf which was sore from a cramp attack yesterday. Eventually it eased off and other than that everything was fine except that I felt low on energy reserves!

I shall see how I feel tomorrow. I don't expect wonders but hopefully I will feel a little better again, I'm beginning to get fed up with it! Think I will go back to having fresh vegetable juice for breakfast, that always seemed to make me feel great all day!

3 comments:

  1. Rather than just dehydration.... cramp can be a sign of a salt deficiency. Have you tried High5 Zero tablets (my favourite) or NuuN (used to be my favourite, just got bored of the insiped flavour). They both dissolve to give you a balanced electrolyte drink. I drink High5 throughout the day and during workouts (including swimming)..... Might help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find them. I suspect the ol' stomach bug has been the cause here, I have certainly been losing a lot of everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, vegetable juice on a dicky tummy? Glad I don't share a loo with you!

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget