Saturday 27 November 2010

Snowy Saturday

It seems that most of us awoke today to find snow. For me, a couple of inches was all of it, and it was that really powdery stuff so not very good for building snowmen.

Anyway, there is something about waking to find snow that seems to make us all leap out of bed and get out in it asap! I have never seen so many Marras up so early, lol.

I decided to head for the bike path at Cleator Moor for safety reasons, and the intent was there to do 8 miles. I really need to get in a longer run after not making it last week. Trouble is that my run yesterday seemed to really mess up my lungs and I had spent half the night coughing, coughing, coughing. Grrr. I am wheezing like mad and can't manage to shift it, and so no surprise really that despite my mind and most of my body being more than willing to bang out the miles on such a beautiful and picturesque morning, the old lungs simply refused to allow enough oxygen in.


I'm very frustrated, but I know I really couldn't manage any more than this feeble 3. I have not had a good time these past few weeks, and now when I start to feel healthy again, I go and get this bloomin' cold. Sigh. Never mind, I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget