Saturday 13 November 2010

Not a very long long run

Today is 'long run' day and it is an 8 miler. My planned route is a double circuit of the golf course - I don't think I have ever run in laps before, so I'm not sure how I will find it, but having consulted the map, it is the obvious route for clocking up an 8 without having to travel. I don't really want to be running along the main road on a Saturday morning!

The gales have eased although it is still fairly windy, but I'm very happy to see the sun has found it's way through and the rain looks to be having a day off at last.

And so with all this positive thinking I set off but in the event it was all a bit of a disaster.

Well, not really that bad I suppose, at least I haven't got an injury or anything like that, but I just couldn't get going, or keep going and at one point I didn't even feel like I had the energy to even walk back home.

Oh, not good.



Not really sure what the problem is, although I wasn't feeling well yesterday and woke this morning full of cold and with a bit of a headache. Maybe the ol' bod just needs a rest. It is true that I have not felt 100% all week, but this was unexpected.

Anyway, I am going to try to put the disappointment behind me rather than let it bog me down. After all, at least I did get out for a run, albeit a short one. Back tomorrow, hopefully will do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget