Thursday 14 October 2010

200 Sit-up Challenge

Before I went to bed last night I reviewed my training plan to see how many miles I am supposed to run today, and seeing it was just 3 I resolved that today is the day to tackle the 'final test' in the 200 sit-up challenge. I have followed the programme conscientiously so there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do 200 in one go....

I always find it helpful to have a clear picture of what is expected of me before I go to sleep the previous night. I think it helps my mind to prepare myself for whatever it is - not just with running and stuff but I guess with everything really.

Anyway, I tackled the Sit-up challenge first thing. Decided to count down from 200 rather than up as I was a bit concerned that as I started to tire hearing those big numbers would just make me feel more tired. It seemed to work although I have to say the last 6 or 7 were a bit shaky!! Actually it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. After a while you sort of get into it and go into autopilot, even daydreaming a little. Yep, honestly! Anyway, I've done it now so I have to think about what is the plan to maintain this. Should I do 200 every other day or something like that? I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll see.

Next up, time to get that 3 miler in. the usual trip up the road and back does the job nicely, and I am getting into the 4 mile 'round the golf course' route too, but I need to start planning ahead and devising some longer routes for the coming weeks. It's okay for my days off, but on work days I don't really want to waste time travelling so need to plan some runs in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget