Tuesday 19 October 2010

Four Miler

Had a longer than intended day at work and was dead beat when I got home. Decided to reverse my normal after work routine and had some dinner first and then took Jasper out, leaving my run to last job.

Felt great running, but had an attack of runners trots - probably the dinner - and had to stop briefly. Still, the plan required 4 miles and that's what we got, and I got to play with the Petzl again. Still very impressed with it!

The ankle is a little grumbly, but strapping has been dispensed with and it feels strong, so I'm happy. Here's the map.

2 comments:

  1. my first head torch was a Petzyl and I too liked it, providing I ran where there was some ambient light... when it was a year old, running in the pitch black was difficult as the bulb did start to lose its sparkle.

    I'm now in my second year of using a Diamond Spot.... this thing can illuminate UFO's in the night sky. On dark country lanes cars stop because they don't know what is coming towards them... I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fact finding resulted in a lot of positive comments about Diamond Spot!

    I went for the Petzl as it was available at the time. It is probably adequate for my needs at the mo anyway but when I do have to change it I will have a better feel of what I need and won't be so impatient! For now, I am happy.

    PS If car drivers don't recognise something in the road up here they just run it down on the grounds that is either unimportant wildlife, or a less important runner. Hey ho.

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget