Monday 4 October 2010

Golf Course Circuit

After the trail run on Saturday my legs were feeling it a bit, mainly in the quads - probably all that jumping over the rocks on the way down. Today, however, we were itching to get out and run again, and so I wisely spent the day doing all the indoor stuff I had to do, whilst the sun blazed down, and waited for the early evening to arrive.



"I felt like the Green Cross Code Man"

Once I was happy that it was blowing a gale and throwing down enough water to fill the harbour every minute and a half, I headed out. Well, I mean, what a plonker - why on earth I didn't go out sooner I do not know, but I was not willing to allow the weather to be an excuse for passing. It's only a short run anyway, so out came the night time road running kit. I felt like the blinking Green Cross Code Man - but I didn't get hit by any cars so I guess it worked! The is a footpath through Moresby Parks, but other than that little bit, it's road all the way. Uncharacteristically for Cumbria, the roads are pretty wide, so there's plenty of room as long as the drivers can see you!

This is a pretty good little route. It's a little undulating at first and then there is a killer hill past the school, about 2.5 miles round. It really is head down and grit your teeth stuff, but it's short enough to not be too painful. Just a little bit of fun really!

Up onto the top, and in this weather, that is the worst bit - the full brunt of the storm hitting straight in your face. Wow it is well windy up there, and then it's just cruising home for a nice little four and bit miler.

Catching up on the end of last week, I decided to stop messing around and have entered the Edinburgh Marathon. May 22nd is the big day, so I have some serious training to get in over the coming months. Plan stays the same for the remainder of this year - working on the 'base training' ie building up distance and my fitness in general.  So, once the Carlisle Half Marathon is out of the way this weekend, that's gonna be the order of play.

I'm hoping to use the Marathon to raise money for the Alzheimers Society, it will obviously benefit them and as a bonus it will help to keep me motivated. There's a link to the sponsorship pages on the right of this page.

Keep checking in to the blog to make sure I'm not slacking - I am willing to admit that I need all the help I can get with this one - it's a big ask for me la'al legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget