Tuesday 12 October 2010

Golf Course Circuit

Back to work today after a rather nice ten days off. I was getting used to being a lady of leisure and Jasper was loving it too! Ah well, apparently there is an unclaimed jackpot prize on the lottery from the weekend - where the heck did I put that ticket, y'never know....

Yes you do. Sigh. So back to work it was, and also down to business in the running stakes. The only other event this year that I have to come is the 10k in December, which is no great shakes, so the real task is to concentrate on building up my distance and strength and getting this ankle better.

It held up very well on Sunday, although there was a fair degree of pain, and throughout today it has been bothering me pretty badly, but I have kept it strapped for support and it's not been too bad at all really.


First few steps on my run tonight were very uncomfortable, but once it had loosened up it was okay. Not perfect, but okay. Did a circuit of the Golf Course as this is about 4 miles. It was very foggy up on this hill, and consequently not at all cold, despite having been a pretty shivery day. All in all an enjoyable run, you always feel good after a long run and then a day of rest.

I did consider that I should rest the ankle, but having taken advice, I am happy that it will be okay as long as I am sensible. Uh, me? Sensible? Well, it could happen.

Y'never know.

Yes you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget