Thursday 7 October 2010

Howgate

I had originally intended to do a short run yesterday, but I realised my legs were a bit tired after the weekend and then a fairly long walk with Jasper the previous day, so I decided to leave it on that occasion.

This morning then I was all over the place, no actual plan as to what I was aiming to do today - not good. Had a coffee and considered my options and found myself dithering ridiculously over where to run and how far and oh for goodness sake!


In the end I headed off up the loop road to Howgate thinking I would do a gentle 6 miler, or maybe I should just do 4 today and then... well, this was going through my head all the way, and I just can't run like that. I have found in the past that I need to have an intended distance, at least, in my head before I even put on my shoes, otherwise I ain't gonna make it. And I struggled and everything was wrong, knee twinged (and I don't have a knee problem), calf hurt (and it's fine), had a headache, couldn't hear myself think for traffic. Well, there wasn't that much traffic at all, but I was just on a downer for everything really and all things considered it was a pants run. I stopped partway and did some stretching to try and regain some semblance of sanity, but it was not to be mustered.

My own fault, I really should learn the lesson right here that I can't run like that and should get it right in my mind first. I'm a bit cross with myself really, but there you are.

To make myself feel better I decided to jump into day 2 of the sit-up challenge (week 6). This went much better, you see - a firm plan of what is expected. Even though it was hard, I knew I would manage it. Contrary to seeming like a bit of a wuss, I do have a bit of grit y'know.

Completed the session with a total of 390 sit-ups in total. Also the recovery time between reps reduced today from 60 seconds to 45. I tell you what, I never realised how much difference 15 seconds could make!

So, one more run tomorrow and then a rest day before the Great Cumbrian Run - Carlisle's half marathon. I am trying to think positive about this, and it's hard because I so hated the course last year, but I wanted to give it a second chance before writing it off altogether as a horrible race! Lol - as I said, I need to work on the positive thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget