Friday 22 October 2010

Shopping time!

 Since squeezing the last bit of wear from my Asics on The Great North Run a month ago, I have been wearing a previously underused pair of New Balance shoes. They had a fair few miles left in them, but they were shelved after I realised that I had a slight over pronation going on that had led to a knee issue a while back.


ASICS GT-2150

Using an orthotic with the NB's has been okay for the past few weeks but I have just ordered a new pair of Asics GT 2150's which should hopefully land tomorrow.

I should have done this sooner, but was left in no doubt that the NB's were not up to the job when I pulled on the effectively discarded old Asics to walk Jasper and was stunned at how much I could feel the support they afforded, even in their burned out state. Obviously this highlighted how little support the NB's are giving me, so out came the bank card!

Of course, now I have the frustration of waiting for them to arrive, but there are only two little short runs to complete this week, so I'm sure I will survive.

Decided to use the Asics for the required run today. Four miles today in an icy wind. Brrr. The wind is quite a common feature here, by virtue of the fact that I am running on a moor overlooking the Irish Sea. Bound to be breezy from time to time. On the plus side, you get some cracking views... sometimes, but not today! Couldn't really see much of anything through the pouring rain actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget