Friday 8 October 2010

Last run before the next half.

During the Coniston run I was talking to a fella, discussing various Garmin models actually, and he said he does a bit of Triathlon - I told him I'm okay on a bike but rubbish at swimming, which is an understatement! Anyway, it reminded me of a time at school during swimming lessons when the teacher said that he thought I would make a lot more progress through the water if I didn't wiggle at the waist so much. It occurs to me that I do this a bit when I am running too, particularly once I am tired. And I think the same applies, I would certainly use less energy if I didn't do that. I'll try to be more aware of it I think.


Also, while I think on, I did say that the toe I hurt in Newcastle was fine - and it is, but what is interesting is that this morning it has gone really black. That's three weeks since I hurt it almost. Up til now it has been discoloured, but not like it is this morning. Strange. To be honest, I'm just happy the pain has gone, it was really giving me grief. Hope I don't set it off again on Sunday!


So to today, and a nice firm plan of action, thank goodness! Another circuit from home through Moresby Parks and back, should be just over 4 miles. This is going to be the last run before the Great Cumbrian Run on Sunday.



But even the best laid plans can go up the swanny, as this morning. Got up onto the top and a shooting pain that started in my ankle and ended somewhere in oblivion brought me to an abrupt stop. Ouch doesn't cover it. I stopped, adjusted my shoes, manipulated the ankle a bit and gently went on, but before long I realised that with every step it was getting more and more painful so I elected to stop before it forced me to again. Really unhappy about this and no idea what the problem is, but walking back I decided to do a quick blip on the indoor bike to make me feel better about it all.


It never ceases to amaze me just how much this makes me sweat!! And the plan worked, felt a lot less miserable after this, but the ankle is throbbing quite a bit now so I have taken some aspirin and will give it lots of TLC. I'm sure it can't be anything major, so if I look after it, hopefully it will hold up for the weekend. I have pineapple and I know how to use it!!

No more runs planned til Sunday anyway, so I shall spend some time checking my training plan for the coming weeks, so that I don't have any further dramas over where or how far to run!

I have also been taking a look at my Garmin data for last years Carlisle half, so remind myself of where the hills are. Oh yeah, they're everywhere! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget