Tuesday 4 January 2011

Evening Eight

Still having difficulty with the lungs so decided to concentrate on getting the distance in but drop the odd run as additional rest. So yesterdays run was knocked off on the promise that I must do this one tonight.

Easiest way to clock up 8 miles was to go round the block twice, so that's what I did. I was lucky to miss the rain that had come down during the day, but by the time I got out there it had become very windy and it was straight in my face along the 'home' straight. Both times.

Needed to pop up to Keekle Head roundabout at the end to make up the mileage and as I turned back towards Whitehaven it started snowing like the clappers.



More of a weather report than a run report - mainly cos there was little to report about the run. everything felt fine - apart from the lungs. Stopped once or twice for a wee cough and then carried on, so not too bad.

After returning home I struggled much more, but I am getting the hang of this and know that in about an hour I will be okay again.

Also.... the ballot opened today for this years Great North Run, so I have put in for a place. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget