Monday 31 January 2011

I was clearly jammy with the weather last week for my annual leave - a whole week of sunny clear days, not a breath of wind - ah, heavenly. But today it's back to the real world with gusty wind and rain and brrrrrrr coldth (that's a technical term which means it was well chilly).

Anyway, the first run of this week is a six, so I set off knowing exactly where I was going and then went wrong by turning right instead of left at the top of my road, then turned right too soon.... oh blinky bonky, what the...? Fortunately I was able to read my mileage much easier on the 305's bigger display screen to tell me that I just needed to make a tiny detour to make up the missing yards!



I am pretty sure that it was this sort of weather that I found before gave me the most problems with my breathing, and I certainly struggled tonight too. Had to stop a few times and take a puff or two, and had to take recovery time afterwards as well, so not good at all, but I managed to get round okay and apart from in the lung department everything felt good. This felt like I was taking it easy, which was my intention, so that's okay.

I'm very pleased to be still on track, and feeling strong, so February - bring her on.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget