Saturday 1 January 2011

The Year of the Marathon. Day One.

Happy New Year!!

Decided to run over to Harrington, visit a friend and run back, so this was a run of two halves and the Garmin battery died before I made it back to the car, but it was definitely 5.2 miles and I am pleased with it.

The first leg was in darkness. Cumbrian type darkness, so the Petzl was working hard. Very muddy along this route so I was concentrating pretty hard on not falling over the cliff or landing face first in a mud bath. Somehow managed both, and the lungs were not too bad, although I walked a little here and there when I started to feel them seizing up again. Warmer temperature seems to make all the difference.


Not a staggeringly impressive run perhaps, but I am pleased with it all the same. Yesterday I was convinced that I wouldn't manage more than a mile, but today I decided that just for one day I could live with the thought of Mun being right. I would like to hope it won't go to his head, but I fear it is already too late for that.

Most importantly - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. The Pope's Catholic isn't he ;)

    Have you posted your marathon training schedule here so we can check up on your progress or shall I email you one? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Monday today, weren't you due a 4 miler according to your schedule?

    ReplyDelete

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget