Monday 24 January 2011

Whelpside sixer

Six miler on the cards tonight and despite being dog tired after a very busy day at work, I was determined to get this one in. I'm greatly concerned at the runs I have missed over the past weeks and am conscious that I need those miles in the bag now.



It may look much the same on the map, but this was like a new route to me as I did the Moresby loop clockwise for a change. I'm not sure which way is easier really, it's difficult to tell as I think a new route always feels easier - psychologically at least. Then I diverted off the loop to add a two miler on by going out by the pool and back up Whelpside.

One or two very brief walking spells, mainly to keep my heartrate and therefore breathing rate to a reasonable level - but this felt as easy as it was, so that's a good sign.

I did have some problems with the asthma after the run and had to rely pretty heavily on my inhaler, but it is good to have something to help me recover (a) quicker, and (b) better!

I have a few days off work now so no reason why this weeks planned runs should not be forthcoming. We shall see. I am looking forward to the challenge of the long run this week, but trying to look after myself a bit as I have not had quite the gradual build up that I had planned. I'm sure I'll be fine. Still feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget