Friday 7 January 2011

Golf Course 4

Up early this morning as I have a doctors appointment and don't wanna lose the whole morning to it. Round the usual route for a four miler.

I did have to stop three times... first to stretch, it has turned very cold again (ice everywhere) and I think the muscles suffer somewhat with this, then shortly after that for a coughing fit - seems to afflict me about the 2 mile mark every time, and third cos I was at School Brow and decided I wasn't gonna push my luck - lungwise - by running up it this morning and knacker myself ahead of my long run tomorrow.



Otherwise all good, and I enjoyed this outing after yesterdays rest day. I am hopeful that the breathing thing can be sorted as quickly as possible as it is really the only problem I am having right now.

After much blowing in to tubes and wincing at the cold stethoscope, the doc reckons that I will probably end up having to use an inhaler to keep me going. All those years of youthful smoking catching up with me apparently. They're not sure what exactly is the problem til results of x-rays and blood tests, but he assures me that they will patch me up to keep me running so that's a positive note to end on! Blimey, I hope so!!

1 comment:

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget