Saturday 15 January 2011

Windy Golf Course Circuit

Yeah, okay, I know I'm a bad girl, but there is reason in my madness. I have this kind of hang up with medical issues.... see I reckon that if the doc says there is something wrong with you then you can easily start to feel like there's something wrong with you, when before you just would have trudged on. In other words, I don't like to be labelled as 'the patient'. All those times working for the NHS when people would be referred to as 'The Wheelchair' or 'The Heart Failure'. I was always careful not to do it, but it's very common and not something I am at all happy with.

Also, I wanna get an opportunity to see if I can get a good idea of sequence of events if I have problems, so that I can recognise that I am about to start having breathing problems before they actually take a grip.

Well, now the BS is out of the way - lol, not entirely, it is all true, but what I haven't yet mentioned is that I simply wanted to go for a run despite the rain and howling gales.

So this was it.


I will not go running again now until I have been back to the surgery on Monday. I promise. I managed okay, although I did stop once or twice, and I walked up the severest bit of the hill so as not to push my luck. Wheezing started about halfway round, but was slight. It started to drown out my ipod in the last half mile (interesting to note that it's downhill there!), but I am pleased I got round anyway.

For the record, I was easily able to feel it coming on, I lost the ability to breathe in properly after about 15-20 minutes and despite trying hard to take full breaths in, I found it impossible. Eased off to make allowance for it, but it got me anyway.

I recorded my peak flow after the run and it had dropped down to about 50%, so yeah, something is not quite working right. Never mind, I'm sure they will patch me up, hopefully this week.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget