Friday 21 January 2011

Here's that tenner I owe you!

Well, when I started this blog I didn't expect it to turn into a flaming medical diary, but it has already proved invaluable at tracking the problems I had with what I thought had been a chest infection. Duh. Doc has concluded that it is asthma. He confessed that he doesn't know much about this form, which only comes on when exercising, but reckons that we runners know more about our bodies than most people do and so saying chucked a prescription for some Ventolin at me and wished me luck!

He wasn't as slap-dash as that sounds,and obviously they will be monitoring my progress, but for now it's a case of "if it works and you wanna take it, have it". Thanks Doc, I will.


There was a bit of walking involved in this run, and a bit of good ol' fashioned knackeredness, but other than needing a wee puff of the inhaler after an hour and quarter, I was fine. Bet you can imagine how bloody chuffed I was. Still am.

I know the medication may need tweaking, and it may be that I need more than just this, but for now I am definitely a happy bunny.

Marathon? Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Race Schedule

Distance Widget